The Senior Medicare Patrol (SMP) mission is to empower and assist Medicare beneficiaries, their families and caregivers to prevent, detect and report health care fraud, errors and abuse.
Don’t give out your personal information to anyone you don’t know and trust.
- Your personal information is any identifying information about you.
- Date of birth
- Social security number
- Medicare number
- Guard your Medicare card like a credit card.
- Shred any part of written material that has identifying information on it. If you don’t have a shredder, see if a local church, bank or senior center has one you can use.
- Keep track of your doctor visits, lab tests, and prescriptions. Write them down in a notebook, calendar or Healthcare Journal.
- Review your medical bills, Medicare Summary Notices (MSN) and Explanation of Benefits (EOB).
- Compare your medical services you recorded to the statements you received.
If they don’t match, contact the provider. It may simply be an error. If the discrepancy isn’t explained and doesn’t appear to be an error…
Contact Ohio SMP (513) 458-5515 or 1 (800) 488-6070 – option 7
TO LEARN MORE ABOUT FRAUD
VISIT THE OHIO SMP APP NEWS AND ALERTS TOMORROW, JUNE 11, FOR THE LINK TO THE VIRTUAL CONSUMER PROTECTION/FRAUD FORUM.
The forum is presented by: