January 27, 2021
As there continues to be confusion about when and where to get access to the vaccine, the SMP wants to remind you:
- You likely will not need to pay anything out-of-pocket to get the vaccine during this public health emergency.
- You cannot pay to put your name on a list to get the vaccine.
- You cannot pay to get early access to the vaccine.
- You will not be solicited door to door to receive the vaccine.
- No one from Medicare or the Health Department with contact you.
- No one from a vaccine distribution site or health care payer, like a private insurance company, will call you asking for your Social Security number or your credit card or bank account information to sign you up to get the vaccine.
- If you get a call, text, email — or even someone knocking on your door — claiming they can get you early access to the vaccine, STOP. That’s a scam.
If you have questions about accessing the vaccine, contact your local health department or local Area Agency on Aging.
If you suspect Medicare fraud, contact Ohio SMP at 1-800-488-6070 option 7, use the “Report Fraud” button on this App, or click here.