How to Respond to the Brace Scam:
- Report any unordered DME items as FRAUD to:
1- 800-MEDICARE or using this APP, as soon as possible.
- Check your Medicare Summary Notices (MSN) for unfamiliar providers and companies.
- Contact the supplier about returning the equipment. The return should cost nothing for the beneficiary.
- Be sure to get a receipt for the return.
- 3 to 4 weeks after you report the possible fraud to Medicare you should receive an adjusted MSN showing that Medicare has approved a $0.00 amount for the claim.
- Report the possible fraud to Ohio SMP. Ohio Senior Medicare Patrol will report the information provided to the Office of Inspector General, if deemed necessary.