January 12, 2022
Out with the old, In with the New…
It is the time for New Year’s resolutions, implementing healthy habits and seeking new opportunities for growth. A great time to recall ways in which you may remain safe, protect your personal health information and avoid being a victim of Medicare fraud throughout the year ahead.
- Treat your Medicare card like a credit card, only sharing your Medicare number with trusted medical providers and loved ones.
- Review your Medicare Summary Notices (MSNs) for any unusual or questionable charges to ensure your medical record remains accurate.
- Do not answer phone calls from unknown numbers to avoid and minimize your exposure to scams.
- Contact Ohio Senior Medicare Patrol if you suspect Medicare errors, fraud or scams.
- Become an advocate for your peers this year; join the Ohio SMP team as a volunteer to prevent Medicare fraud.
May 2022 bring you good health and happy hearts,
Ohio Senior Medicare Patrol 800-488-6070