SIGN UP! SPREAD THE WORD! MEDICARE INFO!!!
Department of Insurance Hosting a LIVE, Virtual Town Hall to Help Ohioans Navigate Medicare Open Enrollment
Join Governor DeWine, Insurance Director French, and Medicare experts on Oct. 18 at 3 p.m.
Ohio Department of Insurance director Judith L. French and the department’s Medicare experts are holding a virtual Medicare town hall on Oct. 18 at 3 p.m.
The town hall includes a live webinar – Everything You Need to Know About Medicare Open Enrollment – that will help Ohioans understand Medicare changes for 2022, how to compare options and select coverage, and ways to save money. Medicare open enrollment runs from Oct. 15 to Dec. 7.
After comments from Governor DeWine and Director French, the department’s Ohio Senior Health Insurance Program (OSHIIP) Medicare experts, will:
• Cover Medicare basics, such as eligibility and enrollment, Original Medicare Part A and Part B, secondary insurance, prescription drug coverage, and Medicare Advantage.
• Discuss factors affecting coverage decisions.
• Explain searching plan options by specific geographical area.
• Share income and resources figures for financial assistance eligibility.
• Provide tips to protect against Medicare fraud and report it.
• Answer questions via a LIVE CHAT
OSHIIP is the state of Ohio’s official Medicare education and assistance program. For a schedule of open enrollment on-site and virtual Medicare Check-up Day events, visit insurance.ohio.gov. Staff is available Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., at 1-800-686-1578 and by email at OSHIIPmail@insurance.ohio.gov.
Ohioans can also call 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227) 24-hours-a-day, seven-days-a-week for Medicare help. Medicare plan information for 2022 is available at medicare.gov.